Chow Mein LIVE Winners Announced!
We’ve received, read, tested and tasted and are very excited to announce our Chow Mein LIVE champions! We’ve seen key lime sweet and sour pork, Hawaiian-inspired fried rice, Peruvian-spiced tomato beef, and General Tso meatball subs—so as you can imagine we made some tough decisions.
We’re excited to announce that the winners of KitchenAid and Wustoff prizes are:
- In the Chow Mein Category: Haley Nelson, for her Midwestern hot dish takeon Chow Mein
- In the Chop Suey Category: Pamela Reed, for hergarden-fresh Chop Suey
- In the Fried Rice Category: Chitra Agrawal, for herIndo-Chinese, curried remix of Fried Rice
- In the General Tso’s Chicken Category: Judi Leib, for her General Tso’s Baked Chicken Nuggets – the ultimate pop-culture mash-up!
- In the Sweet & Sour Pork Category: Martha & Jack Pesa,for their tangy, key-lime infused Sweet and Sour Pork
- In the Tomato Beef Category: Sara Martinez, for herPeruvian-inspired Tomato Beef, Chifa-Style
This Saturday at the LongHouse Food Revival, Diana Kuan will be presenting on the whole crowd-sourcing experience and reclaiming Chinese American dishes in the home kitchen. Ticket still available!
Who says you can’t do take-out at home? Cook your way to victory and top-notch prizes with your personal take on Chinese-American classics from the beloved chop suey palaces of Main Street, USA. As part of the 2015 LongHouse Food Revival Chopstick Nation, we challenge you to pick one of these iconic Chinese-American dishes and reimagine it in your own kitchen:
- Chow Mein
- Chop Suey
- Fried Rice
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Tomato Beef
Submit your recipe and fry, braise, and steam your way to fabulous prizes! Winners will receive a KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer or a Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Block Set.
Send submissions (recipe + photo + submission form) via email to: email@example.com by September 3rd.
Results will be announced September 10th. Stay in the loop with regular updates from the judging panel on our Facebook page, Chow Mein LIVE.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors KitchenAid & Wüsthof!